Exeter July 8th 1786. -
My dear Sir,
The daily Expectation of seeing you for some time past is the only Reason for my not having written to you sooner - but as your Business may detain you longer than you expected I risk these few lines just to inform you that yesterday Mr Merivale & I fixed the plan of our Northern Expedition in which we Both most heartily wish to have you for a Companion, the Sketch of which follows -
We intend to set out from hence either the first or second week in August most likely the first - to go in the Common Carriages from hence through Bristol Birmingham & c to Manchester, and to stay there a couple of Days, where you may meet us if it shou'd be more convenient to you to go from London than to set out from hence, all together. Afterward to pursue our Adventures either in Diligences on Horseback or on Foot, just as we find agreeable - I shall take Richard with me, and we propose to be absent about ‘Five’ Weeks Do let me hear from you by the Return of the Post that we may be able to settle the Plan more thoroughly - If you should see Mr & Mrs Calamy before you leave Town do remember me to them both most kindly and say that I am very glad to hear so good an account of them as I lately did from Mr Barblett. Remember me also to Mr Downman & believe me to be your affectionate Friend
James White
To Mr Towne
No 79 St James’ Street
London
James White to Towne, 8 July 1786
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment